- Complaints Policy Statement
Simple Green Energy Ltd:
- Is committed to providing a good standard of quality services to service users, other agencies, and organisations
- Will take seriously any concern or complaint and will investigate it promptly and thoroughly, for resolution as quickly as possible
- Recognises that all service users, agencies, and organisations have
- The right to raise concerns or complaints about our services
- Access to clear information on how to voice complaints and concerns
- Concerns and complaints procedure is open to everyone who receives or requests a service from Simple Green Energy Ltd and people acting on their behalf
- Will produce a standard leaflet outlining this policy and procedure which should be on display and available to anyone who asks for it.
- Will deal with complaints in line with Simple Green Energy Ltd Confidentiality policy
- Will keep a register of all complaints, which will be reviewed regularly by the HR Department
- Complaints procedure will be part of the process of monitoring the quality, effectiveness and non-discriminatory nature of its services
- All staff members and anyone people acting on the behalf of Simple Green Energy Ltd are required to read, understand and comply with this policy and its procedures
2.1 Simple Green Energy Ltd strives for high standards in service delivery and welcomes feedback from individuals, customers, stakeholders, funding bodies and anyone who works with us, on all aspects of our services. Such feedback is invaluable in helping us evaluate and improve our work.
2.2 The objectives of Simple Green Energy Ltd complaints policy and procedures are to:
- Ensure everyone knows how to make a complaint and how a complaint will be handled
- Ensure that complaints are dealt with consistently, fairly and sensitively within clear time frames
- Provide individuals with a fair and effective way to complain about our work
- Ensure that complaints are monitored to improve our services
2.3 Simple Green Energy Ltd will ensure that we:
- Listen carefully to complaints and treat complaints as confidential, where possible
- Record, store and manage all complaints accurately and in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Investigate the complaint fully, objectively and within the stated time frame
- Notify the complainant of the results of the investigation and any right of appeal
- Inform the complainant of any action that will be implemented so as to ensure that there is no re-occurrence
- Report on an annual basis, the number of complaints received, the outcomes and any actions taken.
3. Definition of a complaint
3.1 A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction by an individual, whether justified or not.
3.2 An individual may make a complaint if they feel Simple Green Energy Ltd has:
- Failed to provide a service or an acceptable standard of service or made a mistake in the way the service was provided
- Failed to act in a proper way
- Provided an unfair service
3.3. This policy and procedure relates only to complaints received about Simple Green Energy Ltd and its services.
4. Concern or Complaint
4.1 It is important to establish the difference between a concern and a complaint. Taking informal concerns seriously at the earliest stage will reduce the likelihood of their developing into formal complaints.
4.2 If you have any concerns about our work, please report to a member of staff or their manager as soon as possible, so they can quickly understand your concerns and try to put things right.
4.3 If you are not happy with the response to your concern and/or you want to make a formal complaint please follow the procedure below.
5. Complaints Procedure
5.1 Simple Green Energy Ltd aims to settle the majority of complaints quickly and satisfactorily by the member of staff who provides the service. The complaint may be resolved quickly by way of an apology or by an acceptable explanation to the individual.
5.2 There are three stages to the complaint’s procedure:
- Stage One – the complaint
- Stage Two – investigation
- Stage Three – appeal
6. Stage One – Complaint
6.1 The complaint can be written or if the individual prefers, they can tell someone at Simple Green Energy Ltd, or someone else, who will write it down for them. The complainant will need to sign it.
6.2 Individuals wishing to make a complaint should contact the person who provided the service, or a manager at Simple Green Energy Ltd. Alternatively, they can contact us by writing to Simple Green Energy Ltd, Blackthorn House Suite2A, St Paul’s Square, Birmingham or email us at email@example.com
6.3 The complaint should include the complainant’s name and address, the nature and date of the complaint and how they want to see it resolved. The complaints form can be requested and can be sent to the complainant.
6.4 On receipt, each complaint will be allocated a reference number and logged on the complaints register. Complainants must receive an acknowledgment within 3 working days of receipt of a signed complaint.
7. Stage Two – Investigation
7.1 All complaints at this stage should be dealt with by a manager. If they need to communicate with the complainant, they will do so within seven working days of receiving the written complaint.
7.2 Complaints will be fully investigated, and a written response provided to the complainant within ten working days by the investigator.
7.3 The complainant will receive written confirmation of the outcome of any investigation any recommendations/remedies made, such as reviewing of policies, staff development and training or appropriate improvement to our services.
7.4 Where the complaint is upheld an apology should be offered.
7.5 Occasionally investigations may take longer, particularly if the complaint is complex. Should this be the case a holding letter will be sent after ten working days and a final date given for a conclusion to be reached.
7.6 If an individual remains dissatisfied with the outcome from Stage Two they can appeal within fourteen working days of the date of the outcome and progress to Stage Three.
7.7 The complaints register will be updated, and any pending complaints flagged so they are followed up
8. Stage Three – Appeal
8.1 If the complaint cannot be resolved to the complainant’s satisfaction at stage two, or if the manager feels that the complaint is of a very serious nature, or concerns a service leader then it will be referred to the Director of Simple Green Energy Ltd.
8.2 If the complaint is about the Director of Simple Green Energy Ltd then the matter will be discussed with senior management.
8.3 The Director and/or Senior management will acknowledge receipt within three working days, they will review the Stage Two investigation and recommend one of the following actions within ten working days (from the date the complainant stated they wanted to take the complaint to stage 3):
- Uphold the action taken at Stage Two
- Make changes to the Stage Two recommendation/actions
8.4 The complainant should be informed in writing of the outcome of stage three, the decision reached about this complaint will then be final but other options available to the complainant (as listed below) should be detailed in the letter.
8.5 If after Simple Green Energy Ltd has been through the three stages and the complainant is still not satisfied with the result, they should be advised that there is no further right of appeal with Simple Green Energy Ltd but they could approach any of the following agencies for advice:
- RECC (Renewable Energy Consumer Code)
Tel: 0207 981 0850 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 0345 543 0330 | Email: email@example.com
Tel: 0333 015 6625 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This should be done within one month of receiving the outcome from the appeal.
9. Anonymous complaints
9.1 Complaints received anonymously will be recorded and considered, but action may be limited if further information is required to ensure a full and fair investigation.
10. Data protection
10.1 To process a complaint Simple Green Energy Ltd will hold personal data about the complainant, which the individual provides, and which other people give in response to the complaint.
We will hold this data securely and only use it to address the complaint. The identity of the person making the complaint will only be known to those who need to consider the complaint and will not be revealed to other people or made public. However, it may not be possible to preserve confidentiality in some circumstances, for example, where relevant legislation applied or allegations are made which involve the conduct of third parties.
10.2 Simple Green Energy Ltd will normally destroy complaints files in a secure manner six years after the complaint has been closed.
11.1 Complaints are an important tool which, alongside data provided by exit surveys, stakeholder surveys, user feedback and focus groups, will allow us to learn about the services we provide. They provide a useful source of information about how individuals see our services and how we are serving them. To ensure we can learn from complaints the following data will be collected:
- Name and address of the complainant
- Landline/Mobile Number
- Email address
- Date complaint form was completed
- Date when the issue of the complaint occurred.
- Nature of complaint
- Immediate action(s) requested by the complainant
Click here to access the form for complaints.
11.2 Complaints information will be considered on a regular basis by the Management Team and reported annually to the Director. Wherever possible, the data will be used to improve and develop the service.